All about zabuton meditation cushion
The zabuton is a seat cushion of Japanese origin, it is usually present in many homes in that Asian country, and it can be placed on a chair or on the floor. Many professionals in the field of meditation use the zabuton accompanied by a zafu to get a better experience.
How to make a Zabuton?
If you are thinking of making a meditation pillow you have to bear in mind that the zabuton is designed to prevent the knees from having direct contact with the ground, avoiding annoying pain and providing comfort when practicing meditation. You have to use a removable 100% cotton cover, with a cotton filling, 2 in thick.
The zabuton is a tool that provides comfort when practicing meditation, as it makes your knees, ankles and legs not have direct contact with the roughness of the ground, but allows you to enjoy a soft surface, avoiding annoying pain, making more effective and pleasant meditation.
Why buy a zabuton to meditate?
If you are thinking of buying a zabuton, these are some of the benefits of meditating with one:
- Avoid pain in legs, ankles and knees.
- Provides comfort since it is a soft and padded cushion that provides great comfort when using it.
- It allows you to relax more quickly thanks to the comfort it provides and because it prevents physical discomfort from being generated, which helps to achieve concentration in less time.
- The meditation pillow makes it easier for you to achieve the proper posture.
- It is small and light.
- Its cover is removable so it can be easily washed.
- There are many tools that help you improve and make the practice of meditation more pleasant, you just have to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Cleaning and caring for a zabuton
Manufacturers often include cleaning instructions, but most have a cover that you can machine wash and air dry. As they are usually made of cotton, be careful with washing it at more than 30 degrees, although many manufacturers allow up to 40.
The best zabutons
If you still do not have your meditation cushion and you do not dare to make one yourself, I leave you an article with the best zabutons.